All Wellness News
- Navigating Uncertain Times with Hope and Optimism July 7, 2020Continue Reading
How to Adjust, Adapt and Embrace the New Normal
As we emerge cautiously from the safety of home into a world that seems comfortingly familiar yet irrefutably ...
- Learn More About Prostate Cancer April 11, 2020
Dr. Alejandro Del Valle Prostate Cancer
- Learn More About Diabetes April 11, 2020
Dr. Alejandro Del Valle Discusses Diabetes
- Pet Therapy: The Healing Power of Dogs April 1, 2020Continue Reading
Unleashed: The Healing Power of Dogs
“Who rescued whom?”
They’re already considered best friends, trusty companions and beloved members of the family. Now add to the dog’s list of accomplishments, heart ...
- Alcohol: Not Gender-Neutral December 2, 2019Continue Reading
The Female Factor: Alcohol is Not Gender-aNeutral
Given the growing popularity of the cocktail culture and wine time, it’s important to know that alcohol affects women very differently than men – physiologically, psychologically and socially. It’s worth asking: For women, is the wine ...
- When Are the Best Years of Our Lives? November 26, 2019Continue Reading
Happiness Continuum: When Are the Best Years of Our Lives?
Is there a predetermined peak age for happiness, before which our normal outlook is gloomy and melancholy and after which we slump back into these non-euphoric ways?
Like trying to define why some people ...
- Fight Fatigue July 9, 2019Continue Reading
Wake-up Call: Fight Fatigue at Its Roots
Are these ordinary signs of aging? Exhausted throughout the day, joy in life slowly diminishing, active lifestyle becoming a distant memory. No, no and no. Feeling tired all ...
- AN UPDATE ON THE MEASLES OUTBREAK IN THE US May 3, 2019
What are the newest guidelines for measles vaccinations?
- Adults with no evidence of immunity should get 1 dose of MMR. Immunity is defined as documented receipt of 1 dose, or 2 doses, 4 weeks apart if high risk, of live measles virus-containing vaccine, ...
- Why Today’s Health News Often Becomes Tomorrow’s Retractions January 11, 2019Continue Reading
Handle with Care: Why Today’s Health News Often Becomes Tomorrow’s Retractions
We’ve all seen it played out hundreds of times, as a drug, food or habit is trumpeted as the way to lower the risk ...
- A Flu-Free Winter: Your Best Shot September 25, 2018Continue Reading
Take Your Best Shot for a Flu-Free Winter
Last year’s flu season was severe in most parts of the country and left many wondering why the flu vaccine hadn’t performed more effectively. However, it remains ...